By February 16, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- 1 loaf Red Hen or Good Loaf Baguette plain or seeded, sliced thinly
- 3 large Spring Ledge tomatoes diced into 1/2
- 1 bunch Spring Ledge basil slided
- 1 small Spring Ledge onion optional
- 4-8 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste mozzarella or parmesan cheese optional
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet.
(Optional step) Lightly brush olive oil over the slices. Broil in oven for less than a minute, or until slightly golden.
- In a large bowl mix tomatoes and olive oil together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mix in basil, reserving a little of it for garnish.
- Scoop some of the tomato mixture onto each bread slice and garnish with a little cheese and basil if desired.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress