Cardoon Potato Gratin
By February 16, 2012Published:
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
- 8-10 stalks Spring Ledge cardoon
- 2-3 medium Spring Ledge potatoes peeled and sliced thinly
- 8 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 pint half & half or cream
- to taste salt and pepper
- Blanch cardoon stalks in water that has a splash of vinegar or lemon juice until tender. Peel them if you like. Cut stalks into 1/4 inch crescents, across the grain.
- Toss the cut, blanched cardoon with the potatoes in a gratin dish.
- Reserve a handful of the cheese for the top and toss the rest with the gratin.
- Add the half and half and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 for 40 minutes or so: until golden brown and the potatoes are done.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress