Cheddar and Scallion Grits
By February 16, 2012Published:
From Real Simple, June 2006
- 2 large Spring Ledge scallions white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cups grits not instant or quick-cooking
- 1 cup white cheddar grated
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 ½ cups water and the salt to a boil.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add the grits in a steady stream. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the grits are thick, creamy, and pulling away from the side of the pan, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the cheddar and stir until it melts.
- Add the scallions, pepper, and butter and stir.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress