Potato Leek Soup
By February 22, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
If you are planning this meal ahead of time, feel free to call Spring Ledge Farm and reserve your own MacNamera cream. Try this recipe on a cold winters day and pick up almost all of these ingredients at SLF! *FUN FACT- Potato leek soup was originally named Vichyssoise in the early 20th century and was traditionally served cold.
- 5 large Spring Ledge potatoes peeled and sliced
- 3 Spring Ledge leeks chopped
- 3/4 cup MacNamera cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. Marsala wine or cooking sherry
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- In a large pot, saute leeks in butter until lightly browned, do not burn.
- In a separate pan, boil potatoes until tender. Mash and add to leek mixture along with chicken broth and 1C water.
- Simmer 15 to 20 min. Add cream and Marsala. Bring to just below boiling point.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Top with grated cheese when served.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress