Southwestern Shepard's Pie
By February 16, 2012Published:
- 1 ½ lbs Spring Ledge sweet potatoes peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 lb Star Lake Farm ground beef
- 2 cloves Spring Ledge garlic minced
- 1 medium Spring Ledge onion chopped
- 1 small Spring Ledge green pepper diced
- 1 small Spring Ledge jalapeno peppers seeded & chopped
- 2 cups Spring Ledge tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup Spring Ledge corn cooked
- 1 can black beans drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp ground chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup MacNamara Dairy milk
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion & bell pepper; cook, stirring for 10 min.
- Add garlic & jalapeno; cook for 2 min.
- Add beef and brown for 5 min.
- Add tomato paste and spices; cook, stirring for 2 min.
- Add tomatoes; simmer until liquid reduces, 15 min. Add corn, beans and 4 T cilantro.
Spoon into 9x9 baking dish.
- Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan with water to cover.
- &Boil until soft. Drain, mash with butter, milk, salt pepper to taste.
- Spread over the meat mixture. Bake at 400 until brown, 30 min.
- Garnish with more cilantro.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress