Sweet Potato and Chicken Empanadas
By February 16, 2012Published:
- 1 lb Spring Ledge sweet potatoes
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 1 large Spring Ledge onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into ½ inch cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast at 350 until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 T olive oil, add spices and cook 2 minutes. Add onion and garlic, cooking until soft. Add chicken and cooked sweet potatoes.
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets and cut each in half.
- Spoon in as much filling as you can and still fold the top over, pressing the edges together.
- Bake at 350 20-25 minutes until browned.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress