By February 16, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2-4 sandwiches (2-4 Servings)
Great additions to this recipe are micro mix &/or raw red onion. Recipe courtesy of The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics, by Jessica Porter
- 1 recipe for Russian dressing (2 Tbsp Ketchup, 2 Tbsp relish & 1/2 cup mayo)
- 1 8-oz. pkg. tempeh
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. Shoyu
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 4-8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 jar Puckers Gourmet Sauerkraut 1 good dollop per sandwich
- Chop block of tempeh in half. Simmer tempeh in water and shoyu until liquid is absorbed - about 15-20 minutes. Flip tempeh at least once.
- Pan-fry tempeh in sesame oil until crispy.
- Grill bread in a little olive oil until crispy.
- Slice tempeh in half and place tempeh, saurkraut and russian dressing on two pieces of bread.
- Place top slices on sandwiches. Slice and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress