Apple Pie Contest 1997 Spring Ledge Farm
By October 16, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 pie
- Prep: 20 mins
Winning Entry - Ade Lauridsen
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 9 T. butter-flavored Crisco shortening
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 T. water
- 1 quart apples Cortlands, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. mace
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 T. butter cut into small pieces
Cut shortening into flour and salt with a pastry blender until mixture is consistency of small peas and cornmeal. Sprinkle with water and mix lightly with fork until dough holds together.
- Divide into 2 balls. Roll out on lightly floured surface.
Mix apples, sugar and spices, put one crust in a pie plate. Put in the apple mixture, dot with butter, cover with top crust.
- Pre heat oven to 350. Bake for approx. 1 hour (until filling is bubbly). Enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress