Apple Pie Contest 1998 Spring Ledge Farm
By October 16, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 pie
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
Winning Entry - Astrid Berger
- 2 1/4 cups all-purose flour
- 1 T. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cold)
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening (cold)
- 4 T. ice cold water
- 6 cups apples Cortlands, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 T. all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Crust - Mix together dry ingredients, cut butter into mix, then cut shortening into mix. Sprinkle water over mix and gather pastry into two balls. Press into discs, wrap and refrigerate.
- Filling - Mix ingredients together and fill crust. Dot filling with 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and cover with top crust. Sprinkle with mix of 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 425F for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 350F and bake for another 30 minutes.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress