Apple Pie Contest 2004 Spring Ledge Farm
By October 8, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 pie
Traditional Apple Pie Winner Winning Entry - Cindy Patten
- CRUST (Makes one double crust)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 small egg beaten
- 1 T. sugar
- 1/2 T. Vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup lard
- 4-5 cups apples Pared/cored/sliced MacIntosh & Cortland apples
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice
- 2 T. butter
- 3 T. milk
- Preheat Oven to 375F
- Sprinkle bottom of pie plate with a bit of sugar and flour mixture.
- Layer apples and sprinkle the sugar/spice/flour mixture , repeating until pie pan is full.
- Pour milk over the filling, dot with butter and roll top crust the same as bottom crust. Decorate as you like remembering to cut a bit for steam vent.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes, turning oven down to 350F for another 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress